2 day theory and practical course
wordt aangevraagd voor het register algemeen fysiotherapeut (KNGF)
ingangsniveau is bachelor fysiotherapie.
- Assessment and clinical reasoning
- Assessment of muscle dysfunction around the hip and knee
- Pre and post operative rehabilitation strategies
- Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge of the management of hip and knee arthritis relevant to everyday physiotherapy practice and relevant research
- Undertake careful and focused history taking to facilitate reasoning and pattern recognition regarding hip and knee arthritis
- Perform specific clinical tests to evaluate muscle dysfunction around the hip and knee, facilitate differential diagnosis and clinical reasoning
- Develop enhanced practical skills in exercise prescription for hip and knee arthritis both pre and post operatively
The two-day course will cover:
- Background of hip and knee arthritis and prevalence
- Signs and symptoms and risk factors
- Muscle imbalance around the hip and knee in the presence of arthritis
- Non-pharmacological management and related research
- Practical assessment skills and exercise prescription
This two-day course focuses on the physiotherapy management of hip and knee arthritis both conservative non-pharmacological management, inpatient rehabilitation and post operative rehabilitation. The course will cover the pathology of hip and knee arthritis and associated muscle dysfunction around the hip and knee and the role of the physiotherapist pre and post operatively and during the inpatient stay . Physiotherapy roles are changing with the advancement of orthopaedic techniques, our responsibilities are growing and public expectations of us are increasing. Orthopaedic physiotherapy assessment and management of hip and knee arthritis is a good example of the development in physiotherapy practice which is being made in the context of emerging scientific knowledge. This course brings you up to date with the key elements of hip and knee arthritis and practical skills and exercise rehabilitation strategies required to enhance your clinical practice.
Director, The Physio Clinic
Ben Corso is a post-graduate trained Manipulative Physiotherapist who graduated from the University of South Australia in 1995. He was awarded 3 prizes including the Dux of the year. He then worked extensively as a physiotherapist in both the public and private sectors including overseas experience in the UK over the next 7 years.
He graduated with a Masters Degree in Manipulative Physiotherapy from the University of South Australia in 2002 where he was again awarded the prize for the most outstanding graduate.
He is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Medicine Australia and has been involved in clinical and academic education for the past 15 years through the University of South Australia. His main areas of interest include musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and sports physiotherapy with a specific interest in golf. He has presented at the Australian Physiotherapy Conference on the systematic review of shoulder rehabilitation and the World Golf Congress on 3D biomechanics and the aetiology of lower back pain in golf.
In 2002 he established two private physiotherapy practices in Adelaide, North Adelaide Manipulative Physiotherapy and the SA Golf Injury Clinic at the Grange Golf Club. The practices are now known as ‘The Physio Clinic’ and have expanded to include sites at Toorak Gardens and Belair. At all sites The Physio Clinic offers a range of on-site rehabilitation services with a focus on musculoskeletal and orthopaedic rehabilitation. The Physio Clinic also works across a number of private hospitals in Adelaide with some of Adelaide’s leading orthopaedic surgeons.
Timetable Day 1
13:00hrs Introduction, clinical reasoning, background of hip and knee OA, prevalence, risk factors, signs and symptoms
14:45 hrs Assessment of muscle dysfunction Hip, non-pharmacological management and related research
16:30 hrs Diner
17:00 hrs Hip OA: assessment and exercise interventions pre and post op management
18:45 hrs BREAK
19:00 hrs Hip OA-exercise prescription-pre and post op management 1
Timetable Day 2
09:00hrs Assessment of muscle dysfunction Knee, non-pharmacological management and related research 2
11:15 hrs Knee OA: assessment and exercise interventions pre and post op management 1,5
12:45 hrs LUNCH
13:30hrs Knee OA-exercise prescription-pre and post op management 2,5
- Docent: Ben Corso.
- Cursustaal: Engels.
- Cursustijden: dag 1 13.00 tot 20.00h en dag 2 9.00 tot 16.00h
- Datum: 24 en 25 mei 2018
- Kosten: 375,00 euro.
- Inbegrepen zijn koffie, thee, een door Nexus verzorgde lunch, cursusmateriaal (map, handout, pen).
- Groepsgrootte: ca. 15-30.
- doelgroep: fysiotherapeuten (bachelor).
- accreditatie wordt aangevraagd voor het register algemeen fysiotherapeut (KNGF).