2 dagen a 6 uur studiebelasting
wordt aangevraagd bij KNGF en SKF
50% theorie + 50% praktijk = 100% cursus.
EQF niveau 6/7. Instroomeis: Bachelor fysiotherapie.
- Golf Injury Identification and Management
- Golf Physical Screening and Assessment
- Golf Specific Therapeutic Exercise Prescription
- Golf biomechanics application
- Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate clinical knowledge of common golf injuries and the biomechanics of the golf swing that may contribute to their incidence – that are relevant to everyday physiotherapy practice
- 2. Undertake careful and focused history taking to facilitate reasoning and pattern recognition regarding golf injury management
- 3. Perform specific golf physical screening clinical tests to facilitate differential diagnosis and clinical reasoning
4. Develop enhanced clinical decision making regarding referral and management of patients with golf related injuries
This two day course focusses on common golf injuries, physiotherapy assessment and screening and the links to optimal golf biomechanics. The course will cover a presentation on the aetiology of common golf injury and relating this to:
- the biomechanics of the golf swing
- practical physiotherapy assessment and screening tests and,
- rehabilitation strategies to manage injury and enhance performance
- practical biomechanics demonstration and biofeedback training
This course brings you up to date with the specifics of common golf injuries, screening and biomechanics while providing some practical skills that should enhance your clinical practice.
8.30 Registration and Welcome
9.00hrs Introduction, golf injuries, prevalence, background
11:00hrs Nomenclature,forces on the body during the golf swing and relationship to biomechanics
13.30hrs Golf screening asssessment and rehabilitation strategies
16.00hrs Practical exercise prescription and summary
9.00hrs Biomechanics of the golf swing
12:30hrs Biofeedback training for the golfer using 3D analysis
13.30hrs Common movement impairments and relationship to biomechanics and rehabilitation
16.00hrs Practical exercise prescription and retraining of the golfer using 3D analysis and summary
9.00h tot 17.00h
Director, The Physio Clinic
Ben Corso is a post-graduate trained Manipulative Physiotherapist who graduated from the University of South Australia in 1995. He was awarded 3 prizes including the Dux of the year. He then worked extensively as a physiotherapist in both the public and private sectors including overseas experience in the UK over the next 7 years.
He graduated with a Masters Degree from the University of South Australia in 2002 where he was again awarded the prize for the most outstanding graduate.
He is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Medicine Australia and has been involved in clinical and academic education for the past 15 years through the University of South Australia. His main areas of interest include musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and sports physiotherapy with a specific interest in golf.
He has presented at the Australian Physiotherapy Conference on the systematic review of shoulder rehabilitation and the World Golf Congress on 3D biomechanics and the aetiology of lower back pain in golf. He has also presented at various workshops to local physiotherapy associations in the Netherlands, Austria and Italy.
PGA Tour of Australasia (January 2000 – present):
● Provision of sports and manipulative physiotherapy services to professional golfers on the Australasian PGA tour as part of the PGA and Golf Australia medical service. ● Physiotherapist to World Amateur Teams Championships Adelaide 2008, Australian Ladies Open Royal Canberra 2013, World Cup of Golf Melbourne 2013, Australian Open Royal Sydney GC 2013, Perth International and World Super 6 Perth 2014-2018 Lake Karrinyup GC, Australian Open The Australian GC 2015 and Australian PGA Royal Pines GC 2015. ● Professional mentor to sports therapists on USPGA tour
In 2002 he established two private physiotherapy practices in Adelaide, North Adelaide Manipulative Physiotherapy and the SA Golf Injury Clinic at the Grange Golf Club. The practices are now known as ‘The Physio Clinic’ and have expanded to include sites at Toorak Gardens and Blackwood. At all sites The Physio Clinic offers a range of on-site rehabilitation services with a focus on musculoskeletal and orthopaedic rehabilitation. The Physio Clinic also works across a number of private hospitals in Adelaide with some of Adelaide’s leading orthopaedic surgeons.
De belangrijkste aspecten op een rij:
- Docent: Ben Corso.
- Cursustaal: Engels.
- Cursustijden: 9.o0h tot 17.00h.
- Datum: 14 & 15 september 2019.
- Accreditatie wordt aangevraagd bij het KNGF (registers algemeen fysiotherapeut, sport en manueeltherapeut) en bij Stichting Keurmerk Fysiotherapie.
- Kosten: 425,00 euro.
- Inbegrepen zijn koffie, thee, een door Nexus verzorgde lunch, cursusmateriaal (map, handout, pen).
- Groepsgrootte: ca. 15-30.
- Doelgroep: fysiotherapeuten (bachelor).