De Masterclass is geaccrediteerd met 6 punten voor het register algemeen fysiotherapeut en manueeltherapeut (KNGF).
This one-day course focusses on vascular pathologies and injuries which present as neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction. The day will cover the differential diagnosis of vascular pathologies of the trunk, upper, and lower quadrants. Physiotherapy roles are changing, our responsibilities are growing and public expectations of us are increasing. Vascular assessment is a perfect example of the shift in physiotherapy practice which is being made in the context of emerging scientific knowledge. This course brings you up to date with the key elements of vascular science and practical skills required to enhance your clinical practice.
instapniveau: bachelor fysiotherapie, deze cursus is geschikt voor zowel manueel als ook sportfysiotherapeuten en algemeen praktiserende fysiotherapeuten.
- screenen en diagnosticeren
- therapeutisch handelen
- Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge of vascular disease relevant to everyday neuromusculoskeletal practice
- Undertake careful and focused history taking to facilitate reasoning and pattern recognition regarding vascular pathologies
- Perform specific haemodynamic clinical tests to facilitate differential diagnosis and clinical reasoning
- Develop enhanced clinical decision making regarding referral and management of patients with suspected vascular pathology
Roger Kerry is an Associate Professor in the Division of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Nottingham, UK, where he is also School-level Director of Postgraduate Education. After training as a Chartered Physiotherapist in the UK, he worked clinically to the level of extended scope practitioner in orthopedic medicine. He completed a Masters degree in Manipulative Therapy in 2000, and in 2010 become an Honorary Fellow of the UK’s Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists. He has been involved in clinical and academic education for the past 15 years with focused interests in clinical reasoning, assessment and management of cranio-cervical dysfunction, heamodynamics, and chronic pain; teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Roger has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals and academic texts on the areas of haemodynamics, cervical arterial dysfunction, education, as well as the philosophy of science. He is an accomplished international speaker. He is member of the IFOMPT working party for examination of the cervical spine, and a co-author of the IFOMPT framework for examination of the cervical region. His doctoral studies are concerned with the nature of causation in evidence-based medicine, and he is currently a principal member of a £1million international research project on causation in health.
The one-day course will cover:
- Haemodynamic science
- Vascular sources of pain
- Injury to vessels and pathological states
- Risk assessment
- Practical assessment skills and exercise testing
09:30hrsIntroduction, clinical reasoning, haemodynamic science, & vascular pathology
11:30hrs Vascular dysfunction of the trunk and lower limb: assessment & examination
14:00hrs Vascular dysfunction of the upper limb: assessment & examination
16:00hrs Deep Vein Thrombosis, and a quick review of Cervical Arterial Dysfunction
- Docent: Roger Kerry.
- Cursustaal: Engels.
- Cursustijden: zie boven.
- De Masterclass is geaccrediteerd met 6 punten voor het register algemeen fysiotherapeut en manueeltherapeut (KNGF).
- Kosten: 249,00 euro.
- Inbegrepen zijn koffie, thee, een door Nexus verzorgde lunch, cursusmateriaal (map, handout, pen).
- Groepsgrootte: ca. 15-30.
- doelgroep: fysiotherapeuten (bachelor).